You are here
- On August 5th 2014, the Commission for English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) confirmed the INTO OSU reporting requirement response as “exemplary” and validated the full maximum 5-year accreditation period for Academic English.
- The International student population has grown approximately 15% to 3524 degree and non-degree students in the past year, bringing the total increase in international students in the past three years to 48%.
- The International Degree (ID) program admitted and enrolled 168 students, an 18% increase from last year. 26 students graduated with a degree in International Studies in 2013-14, the largest number of students since 2000-01.
- International Scholar and Faculty Services assisted OSU Departments with reviewing 49 new tenure-track positions, recruiting and employing 56 international hires and hosting 216 visiting international scholars.
- Newly admitted and continuing international students received over $2 million in IP and INTO OSU scholarships.
- Over 65 education abroad students received $120K in scholarships with International Degree and Education Abroad (IDEA)’s assistance. Partner organizations provided an additional $115K in scholarships.
- In collaboration with the Provost’s office, ISAS hosted the 30thanniversary celebration of the International Cultural Service Program during International Education Week 2013. Faculty, staff, students, ICSP alumni and community members joined in to celebrate the history and legacy of this flagship OSU program.
- In its inaugural year, the Global Village, a collaboration of INTO OSU, UHDS and CLA , engaged 16 students (50% international, 50% domestic) in a series of culture-themed workshops, programs and service-learning projects. The program’s objective is to engage the majority of students living in the ILLC.
- ISAS and INTO OSU led a campus-wide collaborative effort to build community and internationalize conversations around sports as participants enthusiastically watched the World Cup Soccer games at Reser stadium and other venues around campus. The event established new partnerships between Athletics, Rec Sports, UHDS, INTO OSU, CAPS and others. The events were captured in the Barometer and by KEZI 9 News.