Students may be able to access federal financial aid toward an OSU-approved education abroad program, including IE3 Global Internships. Here’s how financial aid works when you go abroad:
- File the FAFSA.
- Your overall cost of attendance is updated to reflect the total education abroad program cost estimate (i.e. compared with regular OSU cost of attendance).
- OSU's Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships will re-evaluate your package, based on that updated cost.
- You will be notified by OSU Financial Aid & Scholarships by e-mail that your aid package has been adjusted.
- You will need to log into OSU online services and review your award letter.
- You must either accept (fully or partially) or decline various options in order to access those extra fundings.
- If you have any questions regarding these aid options, visit the Financial Aid website or contact Financial Aid office directly.
- If you have VA benefits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. (GI Bill website)
Remember that you can always turn money down, but if you never apply, you’ll never know your options!