No matter what your financial background, you can access federal financial aid, and take it with you on an OSU-approved education abroad experience (ie. any program found on our website, including IE3 Global Internships). Here’s how financial aid works when you go abroad:
- You file a FAFSA.
- Your overall cost of attendance is updated to reflect the total education abroad program cost (i.e. compared with regular OSU cost of attendance).
- OSU's Financial Aid office will re-evaluate your package, based on that updated cost.
- You will be notified by OSU Financial Aid office by e-mail that your aid package has been adjusted.
- You will need to log into OSU online services and review your award letter.
- You must either accept (fully or partially) or decline various options in order to access those extra fundings.
- If you have any questions regarding these aid options, visit the Financial Aid website or contact Financial Aid office directly.
Remember that you can always turn money down, but if you never apply, you’ll never know your options!