As a general rule, all of OSU academic regulations and policies are applicable while you are participating in an education abroad program. If you want to change the grading mode for a certain course overseas, you will need to follow the same steps as when you are on the OSU campus.

How to change your grading mode from A-F to S/U for a study abroad course:

1. You must first obtain an approval from your academic advisor at OSU to S/U a course.

2. Forward the approval note (an e-mail from academic advisor will suffice) to the OSU GO study abroad advisor.

3. This must be completed before the 70% of the program is over. For example, if you are participating in a ten-week program, the S/U approval from the academic advisor must be forwarded to the OSU GO study abroad advisor before the end of the 7th week. No exceptions can be made.

4. You must obtain C- or above to earn an S (Satisfactory) grade. Anything below C- will be an U (Unsatisfactory) and those credits will not be counted as earned credits.

Reference: How to change your grading mode at OSU:

Study abroad students do not need to submit the Change of Grading Basis request form to the Registrar's office.