Sponsored students and sponsoring agencies who wish to learn about OSU Baccalaureate Core Courses, OSU Transfer Course Equivalencies, and Academic Calendar, please refer to the following links.

Complete list of Baccalaureate CORE classes at OSU (“Does Native American Flute count toward degree requirements?”)

Transfer Course Equivalencies for Baccalaureate CORE (“Will X course transfer to OSU as a Baccalaureate core from Portland State University?”)

Transfer Course Equivalencies (“Will X course transfer to OSU from Portland State University?”)

Academic Calendar (“When is the end of term?”)

What are the appropriate letters to request from Academic Advisors at College of Engineering?

Academic Advisors at College of Engineering will write letters if a student/sponsor has following requests:
  • Progress reports detailing how many credits students have left to complete the program and expected dates of graduation
  • Letter stating how past work will transfer to a new major, including expected dates of graduation
  • Letter verifying that a student is on track to apply to pro-school; indication of their likelihood of admittance to the professional program based on their pre-core GPA

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

I want to take some courses at another institution. What courses at other institutions transfer back as OSU courses?  
  • Click here to learn about “Transfer Course Equivalencies.” “Transfer Course Equivalencies” shows what courses at other institutions will be transferred back as OSU courses.
I need a letter stating that I am approved to change a major within College of Engineering.
  • Students in the Pre-engineering program do not need to receive approvals or authorizations from an academic advisor to change majors within College of Engineering. Academic advisors will not issue a letter since there is no approval process.
I need a letter confirming that I am currently enrolled.
  • Click here to go to your student online account and access your unofficial transcript. Unofficial transcripts contain information on your current enrollment and registration status.
  • Click here to request an OSU official verification of enrollment through the Office of the Registrar.
What are the beginning and end dates of each term?
  • Click here to find out about the end of term dates.
I need to extend my scholarship.
    My sponsor needs verification of online classes.
    • Students need to meet with an international student advisor to find out how many online courses a student can take per immigration regulations.
    • Some sponsors do not allow their students to take any online courses. Please check with your sponsor.
    I need verification stating that a certain course counts towards baccalaureate core requirements for the major.
    • Click here to view a complete list of Baccalaureate CORE classes at OSU. You can find out what courses count towards Baccalaureate CORE classes at OSU.
    I need a letter that shows that I am currently on Honor Roll/Dean’s List at OSU.
    • Students earning twelve or more credits during an academic term with a term GPA of 3.5 or higher are eligible for OSU’s Honor Roll.  Honor Roll at OSU is comparable to a Dean’s List at other U.S. institutions. 
    • Your Honor Roll status is indicated on your official transcript from OSU. Click here to request your official transcript from the Office of the Registrar and send it to your sponsor directly.
    I need verification stating that my physics coursework taken at Portland State University (PSU) is applicable to my engineering program at OSU.
    • The College of Engineering at OSU accepts the following course equivalencies toward engineering degree requirements:

    PSU Course

    OSU Equivalent

    PH 211 + PH 214

    PH 211

    PH 212 + PH 215

    PH 213

    PH 213 + PH 216

    PH 212