The Sponsored Student Program is a part of International Student Advising and Services (ISAS) at Oregon State University with the specific goal of assisting sponsors and sponsored students by:
- Supporting the academic goals of sponsored students and their sponsors.
- Providing records of student’s academic standing when requested.
- Facilitating communication between students and sponsors to help with financial and administrative questions.
- Working with international student advisors (ISAs) to answer sponsored students’ questions and to help students maintain and understand their immigration status.
Services for Sponsored Students
- A special orientation session for sponsored students
- Help with OSU medical insurance. Sponsored Student Programs can help get a waiver of OSU medical insurance if the sponsor’s insurance meets OSU minimum requirements.
- Help sponsored students communicate with Academic Departments, and Sponsoring Agencies.
- Reminders for students with expiring financial guarantee/support letters.
Sponsored Student Letter Request Form
Services for the Sponsor
- A special orientation session for sponsored students.
- Student transcripts to show academic standing upon request.
- Special campus meetings for sponsors to meet with their students.
- Manage Financial Guarantee letters for the Third Party Billing process with OSU Business Affairs and the INTO OSU Finance Office.
International Programs (IP) Administrative Fee
An administrative charge of two hundred and seventy five dollars ($275) per academic term per student will be assessed to the sponsoring agency. The administrative fee will be included on the billing statement each academic term.