If you are unable to complete your program of study by the end date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019, you may request a program extension. You will need to show funding for the duration of the extension as well as compelling academic or medical reasons for your request. You must apply for an extension of program prior to the expiration date on your I-20 or DS-2019 in order to maintain your student status.

To request an I-20 extension, visit our Forms page under the 'Program Extension' heading.